So here we are in 2018 – you’re back, refreshed and ready to smash that sales target with your team. The new year is also a time for making resolutions so here are my five top tips for making sure your 2018 is as prosperous as it can be:
- Commit to effective onboarding and training so that all your sales team members – new and established – are as productive as they possibly can be. Check out our success accelerated programme designed specifically for new members of the sales team and watch out for our brand new e-book on training your team to win large value transactions.
- Build a virtual talent bench – a pipeline of sales professionals so that you don’t end up with a virtual vacant sales territory. Engage with a specialist search firm that can help identify your future talent pool by carrying out pro-active talent scouting.
- Commit to developing hybrid sales professionals with responsibility for both landing and expanding sales. While developing them may be more complex than having separate teams, the payback is high. Find out why here.
- Improve your relationships with resellers so that your joint campaigns are primed for success by making sure that the four key components of establishing peer to peer connections; celebrating quick wins; beginning with co-selling and making it easy are all in place. Check out the detail here and read a case study of a successful channel launch in action.
- Ensure that your pre-sales people are fit for purpose by benchmarking against the five core skill sets of technical ability, communication skills, problem solving, their ability to be client facing and teamwork.
If you would like to pre-order a free copy of our new e-book “Winning the large value customer in 2018 – a sales leader’s guide” please email email@example.com